Welcome! Pour yourself a mug of something hot and have a look around.
Hands-on, project-driven courses for machine learning students and data scientists.. If you are an educator, just send me an email, and I'll set you up to check them out for free.
Build your own down dog breed selector
Build your own transit time predictor
Build your own weather predictor
Build your own photo gallery compressor [Under development]
Building Blocks courses
Concepts and skills for building your own end-to-end machine learning projects. All Building Blocks content is 100% free.
How Neural Networks Work
How Other Stuff Works
How Optimization for Machine Learning Works
How to Choose a Model
Taming Matplotlib (in development)
Data Munging Tips and Tricks
And some excellent crowdsourced recommendations for online learning
Just remember what you paid for it.
- Data science archetypes
- How to navigate a data science interview
- How to become a data scientist
- How to get a data science job
- How to build a data science team
- How to make a great remote data science team
- How to choose your tools
- How to solve a problem
- Imposter syndrome
- How to open an algorithm's black box
- Interview with the Black Swans blog , including getting started in data science.
For Data Decision Makers
This is a no-math zone, focused on the "so what" of data science and machine learning without getting too deep in the weeds.
- How data science works
- Data science for beginners
- There is more to data science than machine learning
- What is data
- How to organize data for machine learning
- How to clean data
- How to handle missing values
- How feature engineering works
- How to get good quality data
- Why visualize data
- How to choose a machine learning algorithm
- What questions can machine learning answer
- How to find the right machine learning algorithm
- What machine learning can't do